Re: Removing In and Out Labels in all Open Notebooks
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg22000] Re: Removing In and Out Labels in all Open Notebooks
- From: "Dale Horton" <daleh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 02:25:42 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
P.J. Hinton <paulh at wolfram.com> wrote in message news:872j15$ci0 at smc.vnet.net... > In article <870usm$8kt at smc.vnet.net>, > Adalbert Hanssen <hanssen at zeiss.de> writes: > > > after shutting down the kernel, all the blue In and Out > > labels remain in the notebook. After starting a new kernel, > > they remain also on screen. > > > > I am looking for some command, to switch off or remove > > all those blue In and Out-labels on all Notebooks, currently open. > > I want to put this into Init.m sucht that after starting a new kernel, > > I can unambiguously tell, which cell was digested by the > > current session and which one was not. > > > > I know, closing and re-opening all notebooks would do the > > job, but I don't like this, because it is less convenient and > > also I want to maintain the positions in all open notebooks. > > You can paste this snippet in your notebook: > > SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook, All, Notebook]; > SetOptions[NotebookSelection[EvaluationNotebook], CellLabel -> ""] And to apply it to all notebooks, Map acrosss Notebooks. Map[ (SelectionMove[#, All, Notebook]; SetOptions[NotebookSelection[#], CellLabel -> ""])&, Notebooks ] You can put this in your Kernel/init.m to reset the cell labels for all notebooks when restarting the kernel.