Re: A Dead Thread? Re. Coloring ExtendGraphics ListContourPlot s...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22162] Re: [mg19437] A Dead Thread? Re. Coloring ExtendGraphics ListContourPlot s...
  • From: "Mark Harder" <harderm at ucs.orst.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 01:23:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

    I am trying to create contour plots for irregular data, and after some
work, I downloaded the right ExtendGraphics package, derived from Tom Wickham-Jones'
book.  I was able to get contour plots without color, but using the ColorFunction
option did not work.  Experimenting with equally spaced data showed that I
could get colored ListContourPlot-s with the v.3.0.1 built
-in function, but that the ExtendGraphics version seems to ignore my ColorFunction
option setting.  In searching the Archives of this group in MathSource, I came
upon Laurence Lours' posting (see above) in which he describes
the same problem (last Aug.), but there doesn't seem to be any response to
his last posting.
    Has anyone found a solution to this problem, or some sort of work-around?
Unlike Laurence, I am using a Windows NT4.0 system, with Mathematica v3.0.1.
Thanks,
mark e. harder
harderm at ucs.orst.edu