RE: A trig identity that Mathematica doesn't know?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg22242] RE: [mg22172] A trig identity that Mathematica doesn't know?
- From: "Simons, F.H." <F.H.Simons at tue.nl>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 01:33:42 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
To show that
expr = ArcTan[ y/Sqrt[R^2-y^2] ] - ArcSin[ y/R ]
equals 0 for 0<y<R, you might compute the sine of the expression and show
that it zero:
Simplify[ TrigExpand[ Sin[expr]], R>0]
The condition R>0 is necessary!
Eindhoven University of Technology
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Database Access Kit
Previous by thread:
A trig identity that Mathematica doesn't know?
Next by thread:
Re: A Dead Thread? Re. Coloring ExtendGraphics ListContourPlot s...