- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg22241] PentadiagonalSolve?
- From: Kurt Taretto <Kurt.Taretto at ipe.uni-stuttgart.de>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 01:33:40 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Comp.Center (RUS), U of Stuttgart, FRG
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Solving a system of linear equations with a matrix with 5 diagonals is done pretty well by LinearSolve. But since I work with large matrices, and all of them have only 5 nonzero diagonals, I don't have to use memory for the nonzero entries in order to give LinearSolve a "good and square" matrix. Does anybody know how could I, for example, do some transformation from 5 to 3 diagonals and then use TridiagonalSolve? I would appreciate any help. Thanks!