Re: line integral

You can do numerical contour/line integrals, e.g. her is an integral around
a square contour

NIntegrate[1/z, {z, 1 - I, 1 + I,  -1 + I, -1 - I, 1 - I}]

Note that you can also use Integrate instead, but you don't always get the
right answer:

Integrate[1/z, {z, 1 - I, 1 + I,  -1 + I, -1 - I, 1 - I}]

gives zero instead of 2 Pi I
--

Kevin J. McCann
Johns Hopkins University APL