Re: export graphics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg22278] Re: export graphics
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:00:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On 19 Feb 2000 schadow at wrote:

> Thanks for your quick reply!
> In my case (Mathematica 4.0, SuSE Linux 6.2)
> anim1 = Table[
>       Plot[Exp[-(x - i/3)^2], {x, 0, 10},
> PlotRange -> {0, 1}], {i, 1, 15}];
> Export["anim_1.gif", anim1];
> produces a *black* gif file, at least no error message.

Usually this is an indication of problems with acceleration features
provided by your X server.  We know of instances with XFree86 and
AcceleratedX where this happens.  Check your X server documentation to see
if there exists a flag for pixmap caching and disable it.

This is also documented on the Technical Support FAQ site.

If you find that this advice is not appropriate for your situation, please
contact Technical Support with information on what X server you are using.

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.