Re: Front-end crashes in Redhat6.1
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg22279] Re: Front-end crashes in Redhat6.1
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:00:54 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 18 Feb 2000, Andrew R. Harris wrote:
> I am new to Mathematica & relatively new to Linux. I am running
> Mathematica 4.0 for students and Linux Redhat 6.1. My problem is the
> front end crashes with a segmentation fault (SIGSEGV) whenever the
> help menu is accessed. Technical support at Wolfram has suggested
> deleting the front end cache via -cleanstart. This does not
> accomplish anything. Has anyone come up with any resolutions for
Could you supply information on your windowing environment? Here are some
pieces of information that may be useful in diagnosing the problem.
1) Who is the vendor of your X server? Red Hat ships with XFree86, but
some users opt for third-party commerical X servers such as AcceleratedX
2) What is the version and release of the X server?
3) What is the make and model chipset on your display adapter (graphics
4) At what screen resoution color depth do you run the X server? (e.g.
1024 x 768 @ 16-bit color)?
5) Does the crash occur instantaneously after the menu click, or do you
see any popup progress dialogs appear?
6) Did you install a commercial implementation of Motif on your system?
Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.
Prev by Date:
Q: pattern and simplify
Next by Date:
Saving as HTML -- Page width problems
Previous by thread:
Front-end crashes in Redhat6.1
Next by thread:
Input Output Label