  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22296] Out of memory problem
  • From: Biao Wu <bwu at physics.utexas.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:01:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, friends:

   I'm using Mathematica 3.0 on Windows98. Now Math keeps telling
me "out of memory, existing". So I started using `MemoryConserve`,
and checking how much memory I was using before this message.
It was just around 1.3Mb, and my RAM is 128Mb! So there is
no shortage of memory. (Of course, I keep as few program running
as possible while using Math.)
   Another interesting point to note is that, I tried the same
program on my Department's Linux machine, and I never got "out
of memory" message. So what is the problem? Is there any way to
handle this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Wu, Biao