Superposition of 3D plots?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22304] Superposition of 3D plots?
  • From: misselt at dirty.phys.lsu.edu
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:01:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi - I have a question regarding the superposition of two
3d objects in Mathematica.  The basic picture is of a bump
rotating on a sphere.  By generating a bump at different
positions on the sphere and concatenating the images, I
can make a movie of the bump rotating.  However, what I
really need is a stationary (non-rotating) sphere with
a bump rotating on top of it.  I've tried generating the
sphere and bump separately and superposing them, but the
bump graphic 'erases' the sphere.  What I need is to be
able to 'see through' the polygons that generate the bump
graphic to the stationary sphere in the center.  Is there
a way to superpose two graphics like this?  I apologize
if this is unclear, but I'm not a mathematica user myself;
I'm asking this for someone who doesn't have access to the
group.
Best Regards,
-Karl