Building lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22312] Building lists
  • From: "Tom De Vries" <tdevries at shop.westworld.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:01:26 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

The graphics command below builds a simple bull's eye. (I used it for a
probability question in my math class)  It does what I want it to, but with
all the repetition I know that it is probably possible to do it more simply.
 It isn't so long but I figured I could learn something by seeing how this
command could be duplicated in different ways.   I was looking at Thread but
couldn't quite manage to get things to work out.   The specific colors
aren't really important, but I did want to get each disk to be a different
color.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Sincerely,

Tom De Vries

Needs["Graphics`Colors`"]

Show[Graphics[{

        {Blue, Disk[{0, 0}, 200]},
        {Red, Disk[{0, 0}, 180]},
        {Purple, Disk[{0, 0}, 160]},
        {Plum, Disk[{0, 0}, 140]},
        {Gold, Disk[{0, 0}, 120]},
        {Olive, Disk[{0, 0}, 100]},
        {Pink, Disk[{0, 0}, 80]},
        {Navy, Disk[{0, 0}, 60]},
        {Mint, Disk[{0, 0}, 40]},
        {Black, Disk[{0, 0}, 20]}

        }],    AspectRatio -> Automatic,     PlotRange -> All,
DefaultFont -> {"Times", 18}];