Re: Factor MatrixForm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21388] Re: Factor MatrixForm
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 20:54:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Robert,
Unfortunately, If we do achieve the form that you want then Mathematica will
immediately take the multiplication inside, partly because Times has the
attribute Listable.

H *
  {{(Cos[a] - Sin[a]) Sin[b]},
    {-k (w Sin[a] + 5 Sin[b])},
    {-2 Cos[2 a]}
    }

{{H (Cos[a] - Sin[a]) Sin[b]}, {-H k (w Sin[a] + 5 Sin[b])}, {-2 H Cos[2
a]}}

Allan
Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting