Area of an Epicycloid ???
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21393] Area of an Epicycloid ???
- From: "Guybrush Threepwood" <guybrush_ at gmx.de>
- Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 03:12:25 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: bingo e.V. (Buergernetz Ingolstadt e.V.)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
hello all ! im just trying to calculate the area between the epicyloid curve and the big circle ! the problem is that there are some x coordinates which have 2 y values.... so i cant just simply integrate ! maybe someone of you has a hint for me ! Someone told me that maybe polar coordinates could be helpfull... what do ya think ? parameter form formula for epicycloids: x(t) = (R+r) * cos (t) - r * cos ((R+r)*t / r ) y(t) = (R+r) * sin (t) - r * sin ((R+r) *t /r ) thanks in advance & bye Steve martins !