Re: Problem with Rasters & Density Plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21403] Re: [mg21392] Problem with Rasters & Density Plots
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 02:12:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You are probably running Mathematica 3.0.1 with your scrren depth set
to 24-bit.  There was a bug in 3.0.1 for Windows which caused this
behavior only in 24-bit mode.  It's possible that your video driver
supports 32-bit mode, which would work around this problem at no loss
of color resolution; otherwise, you could switch to 16-bit mode.  To
switch color depths, open the Display control panel, go to the
Settings tab, and change the Color Palette dropdown to the desired
value.

If this seemed to work before, it is because your old Win95 setup
must have used a different color depth.

Rest assured that it is has nothing to do with Y2K.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group