Re: Simplification During Integration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21407] Re: [mg21391] Simplification During Integration
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at tuins.ac.jp>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 02:12:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This  happen only in rather special cases, usually involving triginometric
functions. If you prefer you can make Mathematica factor out the common
terms, e.g. :

In[14]:=
Integrate[Factor[y], t]
Out[14]=
      2          g 3            g
Sin[g]  (2 t Cos[-]  Sec[g] Sin[-] -
                 2              2

        g             g 3                 2
    Cos[-] Sec[g] Sin[-]  Sin[2 t]) Tan[g]
        2             2

You can't however in general stop Mathematica transforming the remaining
terms (even those that do not depend on the variable of integration) since
it is often the case that one can  reduce an integral to a form that can be
integrated only by performing such transformations.