Re: Inner product can be modified?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg21476] Re: [mg21445] Inner product can be modified?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:17:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Sure, there is nothing wrong with using something other than Plus in an Inner
product. This is why Wolfram provided the capability. There are probably myriads of
cases. Look at the Further Examples under Inner in the On Line Help. Here is one
simple example:

Inner[Power, {a, b, c}, {d, e, f}, Times]

David Park
djmp at