ListPlot3D help

Hello, I need to obtain a 3D plot by using a data file. I could not find

any other way that to use ListPlot3D but it seem that this accepts only
heigths arrays, namely a
rectangular array containing the heights of the surface. In this way I
cannot obtain the right
scales on the x a y axis becasue the x and y data are not considered!

Is there any way to plot a real three-dimensional set of data written as

a set of {x,y,z} points?

Thanks a lot

Luca