Re: Diophantine Equations

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg21463] Re: [mg21449] Diophantine Equations
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 04:17:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

What sort of Diophantine equations do you want to solve? It certainly can't
be done in general, so your question only makes sense for very special
cases, e.g. linear ones. That is easy to do using ExtendedGCD, in fact you
can find a package that does this in Stan Wagon's book "Mathematica in
Action" (Chapter 16). It is quite easy to extend it to work over the
Gaussian Integers.