Re: Diophantine Equations

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg21569] Re: Diophantine Equations
  • From: "Atul Sharma" <atulksharma at>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 02:04:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

There is a package in MathSource (which I haven't used), with functiosn to
solve linear diophantine equations.

.... Several other functions are defined: computation of left and right
GCD's, lcm's, quotients, remainders, row/column proper forms, full rank and
coprimality tests, extended polynomial GCD, solution of diophantine
equations. All functions work on matrices of polynomials in z or z^-1.

Also, Bill McClung from Nebraska Wesleyan University used to have a series
of notebooks for a number theory course, which included a Euclidean
algorithm (diophanGCD) for linear diophantine equations. I seem to have
misplaced the web site. Sorry.