Extended Random Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21500] Extended Random Function
  • From: d_mennella at my-deja.com
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 02:43:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

All,

I have a question concerning the use of the
extension of the Random[] function as defined in
the Statistics`ContinuousDistributions`. With
this extension it is possible to pick a random
number according to a given distribution function.

My question is: how is it possible to pick a Real
number with n digits? With the default function
it is possible to do so by calling

Random[Real,{xmin,xmax},ndigits]

but I have found no way to do this with the
extended function.

Thanks
Daniele

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/