Re: Q: Preventing Subscripts from being interpreted as expressions?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21566] Re: [mg21542] Q: Preventing Subscripts from being interpreted as expressions?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 02:04:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Claudius,

If you check the MathGroup archives several months ago you will see that I posted a
package called WollSubscripts which you can directly copy. It is a slight extension
of an idea put forward by Carl Woll. It will specifically handle your problem.
Basically, it sets the attributes of Subscript to HoldFirst, which you may do as a
quick solution. The package also has routines for clearing subscripts and displaying
information on currently defined subscripts.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/