Re: Q: Preventing Subscripts from being interpreted as expressions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21566] Re: [mg21542] Q: Preventing Subscripts from being interpreted as expressions?
- From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 02:04:08 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Claudius, If you check the MathGroup archives several months ago you will see that I posted a package called WollSubscripts which you can directly copy. It is a slight extension of an idea put forward by Carl Woll. It will specifically handle your problem. Basically, it sets the attributes of Subscript to HoldFirst, which you may do as a quick solution. The package also has routines for clearing subscripts and displaying information on currently defined subscripts. David Park djmp at earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ >Hello, > >I would like to use symbols of the form vmax with "max" as a subscript >extension to the name v (Subscript[v, max]). > >But when max=1 is defined, vmax should not be interpreted as v1. > >Please email directly to > schnoerr at mailzone.com > >Thank you an best greetings, > >Claudius >