Re: How can I teach Mathematica new functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21724] Re: How can I teach Mathematica new functions
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 03:45:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, yes,

you are wrong because you where to lasy. First of all you should *not*
define an explicit sbj[_,_] when you don't like to use the build in
functions. You
must define rules for

Derivative[0,1][sbj][n_,z_]:= ..

and rules for simplifications of spherical bessel functions than you
have
Mathematica taught a new function and Mathematica will work with it
like a build in one.

You has only created a short reference to e build in function and it no
wonder that you only get bild in functions out.

Regards
  Jens