CORRUPTED NOTEBOOKS

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21753] CORRUPTED NOTEBOOKS
  • From: Blimbaum Jerry DLPC <BlimbaumJE at ncsc.navy.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:56:35 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

	Question about Corrupted notebooks has been asked recently.   But
could someone explain why it happens in the first place?

	I have had 3 or 4 noteboooks suddenly go 'corrupted' and I could
swear that I didnt do anything wrong except try to save the file or
something like that.  I didnt do anything out of the ordinary.  I have
learned the hard way and now make a back up copy of every 10 minutes or so
of what I'm doing because I'm expecting this 'corrupt' problem to occur any
time and ruin all the work I've done.

	Or is this 'corruption' problem something that the Mathematica
people should be fixing?

	thanks.     jerry blimbaum   NSWC Panama City, Fl