- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21802] Re: Improvements
- From: "Jordan Rosenthal" <jr at ece.gatech.edu>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 01:45:53 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta GA, USA
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I assume this posting was directed at me since I posted the "Could this be
Your observation that the matrix was a convolution matrix is astute.
Although what I am doing is related to convolution, I will not actually be
implementing a convolution with this. I know that ListConvolve would be
better for that. The matrix is part of a larger expression that I wanted to
visualize with Mathematica and since I figured it was simple enough, I could
use it to try and learn more about Mathematica programming.
"DIAMOND Mark" <noname at noname.com> wrote in message
news:86r6ru$b2t at smc.vnet.net...
> This is somewhat tangential to the specific "how do I improve it" question
> that you asked, but as a matter of interest, is this the first step in
> producing a convolution ... because if so, there may be a *completely*
> different way.
> Mark R Diamond
> Vision Research Laboratory
> The University of Western Australia
> no spam email: markd at psy dot uwa dot edu dot au
Prev by Date:
Re: How to Break out of nested loops?
Next by Date:
Re: Could this be improved?---Continued
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re:& graphs and buttons