Re: warning: action not found: delete-next-character

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg21846] Re: warning: action not found: delete-next-character
  • From: paulh at (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:53:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <870vp3$8o8 at>,
 Peter Jay Salzman <psalzman at> writes:

> on Mathematica for linux, i periodically see a window open and it basically
> says:
> 	warning:
> 	action not found: delete-next-character
> i've lived with this for quite a few months, but i'm getting tired of seeing
> it all the time.  it's been doing this ever since i upgraded to 4.0.
> does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it?

What distribution are you running.  This usually (haven't found  a
counterexample yet) happens with SuSE Linux distrbutions.  It is
due to an overbroad X resource setting in the system Xresources
file.  You can find information on how to resolve the problem at
Wolfram Research's Technical Support website.

Should you happen to be running a non-SuSE distribution, the
instructions at the WRI website should be sufficiently generalized
to track down the source of the offending resources.

P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group (and happy SuSE 6.2 user)
Wolfram Research, Inc.