Re: warning: action not found: delete-next-character
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21846] Re: warning: action not found: delete-next-character
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:53:28 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <870vp3$8o8 at smc.vnet.net>, Peter Jay Salzman <psalzman at landau.ucdavis.edu> writes: > on Mathematica 126.96.36.199 for linux, i periodically see a window open and it basically > says: > > warning: > action not found: delete-next-character > > i've lived with this for quite a few months, but i'm getting tired of seeing > it all the time. it's been doing this ever since i upgraded to 4.0. > > does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it? What distribution are you running. This usually (haven't found a counterexample yet) happens with SuSE Linux distrbutions. It is due to an overbroad X resource setting in the system Xresources file. You can find information on how to resolve the problem at Wolfram Research's Technical Support website. http://sdb.suse.de/sdb/en/html/mathematica3.html http://support.wolfram.com/Systems/Unix/Linux/DeleteNext.html Should you happen to be running a non-SuSE distribution, the instructions at the WRI website should be sufficiently generalized to track down the source of the offending resources. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group (and happy SuSE 6.2 user) Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.