Re: Removing In and Out Labels in all Open Notebooks

In article <870usm$8kt at smc.vnet.net>,
 Adalbert Hanssen <hanssen at zeiss.de> writes:

> after shutting down the kernel, all the blue In and Out
> labels remain in the notebook. After starting a new kernel,
> they remain also on screen.
>
> I am looking for some command, to switch off or remove
> all those blue In and Out-labels on all Notebooks, currently open.
> I want to put this into Init.m sucht that after starting a new kernel,
> I can unambiguously tell, which cell was digested by the
> current session and which one was not.
>
> I know, closing and re-opening all notebooks would do the
> job, but I don't like this, because it is less convenient and
> also I want to maintain the positions in all open notebooks.

You can paste this snippet in your notebook:

SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, Notebook];
SetOptions[NotebookSelection[EvaluationNotebook[]], CellLabel -> ""]±

Alternatively, you can hide this behind a button.

ButtonBox[
  StyleBox["Clear cell labels", FontFamily -> "Helvetica"],
  ButtonFunction :>
    FrontEndExecute[{
      SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, Notebook],
      SetOptions[NotebookSelection[EvaluationNotebook[]], CellLabel -> ""]
    }],
  ButtonEvaluator -> None,
  Active -> True
] // DisplayForm