Re: Mathematica and Apple Events (Q:)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21849] Re: Mathematica and Apple Events (Q:)
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:53:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <8710c4$8rf at smc.vnet.net>,
 "iMic" <schaferk at communique.net> writes:

> search the WRI web for info regarding Apple Events and Apple Script
> i was confronted with a rather strange lack of information:
>
> http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/index_1_1.html
>

> 1) Apple Events
>
> http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/BrowserIndex/Appleevents.html
>
> The Mathematica Book
>

> Apple events, 2.12.1
>

>   2.12.1 How MathLink Is Used
>
> (no mention of Apple Events)
>

> 2) AppleScript Supported Commands
>
> http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/BrowserIndex/AppleScriptsupportedcommands.html
>
> Getting Started
>

> AppleScript, supported commands
> Getting Started (Macintosh)
>

> http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/GettingStarted/MacintoshGettingStarted/importexport.html
>
> (no mention of Apple Events)
>
> unless i need my glasses fixed (i don't wear glasses),
> there seems to be no mention of Apple Events in either location.

I don't know of any existing documentation in the online help that
discusses Apple Events.  Apparently this is an error in indexing.
I will forward this to our publications group.

There is a mention of AppleScript support in the kernel in the
Getting Started guide.  You can find it at the end of this page.

http://documents.wolfram.com/v4/GettingStarted/MacintoshGettingStarted/layout.html

This is probably what the second URL should have pointed to.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.