How to add colors to an illuminated surface?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24225] How to add colors to an illuminated surface?
- From: Bill Marks <bmarks at helix.nih.gov>
- Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 03:21:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
The command ListPlot3D[surface, LightSources-> ls, ViewPoint -> vp] produces a surface illuminated by the light sources supplied, whereas the command ListPlot3D[surface, addedShades , LightSources-> ls, ViewPoint -> vp] ignores the LightSources option when I use it. Since I want to add some surface colors, surfaceShades, to those determined by the illumination, I wrote my own illumination program, which returns illumShades. I then add my surface colors to them and use ListPlot3D[surface, illumShades + surfaceShades] This works but is slower than the built-in illumination routines. One solution would be a function that returns the actual shades used in ListPlot3D: illumShades = MMAFunc[surface, LightSources-> ls, ViewPoint -> vp], which I would then modify. Is there a way to get the shades computed by ListPlot3D? Bill Marks