Re: Conversion of Orderless functions to non Orderless one
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24230] Re: [mg24046] Conversion of Orderless functions to non Orderless one
- From: zhl67 at my-deja.com
- Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 03:22:02 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200006210620.CAA10924@smc.vnet.net> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, Thanks to all who have paid their attentions to my original post, especially to Andrzej, Daniel and Carl for your detailed replies. Now it seems that all information I have got from the replies converges into one point: it is better to introduce a new noncommutative multiply function rather than instructing the system's Times to recognize noncommutative objects. And according to Andrzej, my original aim might actually be impossible. I hope the above is a correct summarization to this topic. Though I cannot achieve my original goal, I think the discussion is very helpful. Liu Zhao Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.