1/Trig function - help
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24248] 1/Trig function - help
- From: zhl67 at my-deja.com
- Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:22:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, For some reason I wish the trigonometric functions to the power of -1 not automatically evaluated to some other trig functions. For instance, I wish the out put of In:= Sin[x]^(-1) remain unchanged or appears as 1 Out:=------- Sin[x] but NOT Csc[x]. Is there any cost efficient way to do this? Adding rules to Power function might do(I only wish this feature for certain argumentx x), but it slows down the Power function at the same time. Liu Zhao Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.