1/Trig function - help

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24248] 1/Trig function - help
  • From: zhl67 at
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 15:22:10 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

For some reason I wish the trigonometric functions to the power of -1
not automatically evaluated to some other trig functions. For instance,
I wish the out put of

In[1]:= Sin[x]^(-1)

remain unchanged or appears as

but NOT Csc[x]. Is there any cost efficient way to do this? Adding
rules to Power function might do(I only wish this feature for certain
argumentx x), but it slows down the Power function at the same time.

Liu Zhao

Sent via
Before you buy.