  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24365] Does anything replace Recall[] ?
  • From: piovere at pdq.net (rob)
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:13:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In "Mathematica, A Practical Approach" (p. 146) the author tells how
to label a plot with the line that generates it.  Running the
following line before a plot:

SetOptions[{Plot, ListPlot}, PlotLabel :> ToString[Recall[$Line]]];

apparently used to work.  Now (ver 4.0), I get "Recall[the line
number]" instead of the line itself.  The Help shows no evidence of
Recall[] so I assume the command has been dropped.

This would be neat to use -- anyone know of a replacement for this
functionality?

Thanks, Rob