FrameLabel rotation wrong

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24373] FrameLabel rotation wrong
  • From: Al.Koedl at gmx.net (Al Koedl)
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:13:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathematica experts,

Whenever I try to put FrameLabels on one of my Plots, e.g.
"Plot[x,{x,0,10},Frame->True,FrameLabel->{"foo","bar"}], Mathematica
rotates *every single letter* of the y axis label, written from bottom
up. So, the output looks approximately like this:

r      /
a     /
b    /
    /
   /
            foo

What I want is the *word* "bar" rotated by 90 degrees. I experimented
with option RotateLabel, but all I got was unrotated labels or the same
output as above. What can I do?

-- Al