final timestep using StoppingTest

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24544] final timestep using StoppingTest
  • From: Michael Gilchrist <mag5 at>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:04:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am using NDSolve with StoppingTest to stop NDSolve when the
solutions become trivial.  I have, however, a problem.  I want to
know at what value of the independent variable (e.g. t) that the
StoppingTest evaluates True and exits NDSolve.  I am getting very
frustrated.  I try pull this info from the InterpolatingFunction, but
it won't allow me to extract the part of the answer with the bounds
of the independent variable.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Michael Gilchrist
Dept. of Biology