Re: ExponentFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24554] Re: ExponentFunction
  • From: "Greg Keogh" <greg at mira.net>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:04:34 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Hans,

Bob Hanlon sent me this lovely solution to my PS regarding printing factors:

Dot @@ Flatten[Table[#[[1]], {#[[2]]}] & /@ FactorInteger[x]]

By combining this with your Infix idea I came up with:

In:= facts[n_, c_] := Infix[Flatten[Table[#[[1]], {#[[2]]}] & /@
FactorInteger[n]], c]
In:= facts[10! + 100, "x"]
Out:= 2 x 2 x 5 x 5 x 11 x 3299

I had never thought of using Infix, in fact I'd forgotten all about it.
Thanks to your tip I'm reading up on the formatting functions.

Cheers,
Greg Keogh