Re: File -> Notebooks -> Empty
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24567] Re: [mg24551] File -> Notebooks -> Empty
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:56:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> Dear mathgroup- > > I recently set up shortcut keys to open Mathematica (window 95, Mathematica v4). > However, every time I use the shortcut to open Mathematica, it erases the menu > File -> Notebooks, even the notebooks that are permanent to this menu. Any > suggestions to cirumvent, but still be able to use the shortcut? > > thanks > > -matt You probably used a shortcut which uses both the Control and the Shift keys. Mathematica detects if you press Control+Shift on startup and, if you do, does a "clean" start which, among other things, will erase your preferences (which is where the recently opened notebook list is held). So, you'll have to pick a shortcut which does not use both Control and Shift. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.