Re: Windows 9X or Linux?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24583] Re: Windows 9X or Linux?
  • From: jeffrey s austin <w8jsa at>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:56:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

"Craig H. Anderson" wrote:

> I plan to get Mathematica for Students.
> We have Linux, Mac and Windows 98 at home,
> but I would prefer the Linux version.
> Will Mathematica on Linux run all the add-ons
> that the Windows version will?  Many packages
> list windows and mac, but not Linx.
> In particular I plan to get one or both of
> 'Calculus Wiz' and 'Calc. and Math'.  Will
> these run on Linux?
> Thanks

I'd be very interested in the answer also. Bentley (MicroStation CAD)
sells MicroStation 95 for Linux but doesn't offer any packages to go
with it. It's like buying a car without the seats. I run RH 6.2 and
HP-UX 10.20 here at home, so I don't have a choice of windoze or a big

Jeffrey S Austin
Civil Engineering Student
Old Dominion University