Re: Windows 9X or Linux?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24585] Re: Windows 9X or Linux?
- From: mend0070 at garnet.tc.umn.edu (Philip C Mendelsohn)
- Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 00:56:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Campus
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Craig H. Anderson (craigha at home.com) wrote: : I plan to get Mathematica for Students. : We have Linux, Mac and Windows 98 at home, : but I would prefer the Linux version. : Will Mathematica on Linux run all the add-ons : that the Windows version will? Many packages : list windows and mac, but not Linx. : In particular I plan to get one or both of : 'Calculus Wiz' and 'Calc. and Math'. Will : these run on Linux? While there may be subtle reasons why it isn't officially listed, I have successfully run Calculus Wiz on Linux with no problems. Since anything based on Mathematica notebooks should be platform independent, you should in general be able to run almost anything almost anywhere. The "almosts" mean that some functions, such as system specific things like sound, may vary. Cheers, Phil Mendelsohn