MathReader Linux help browser segfaults...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24628] MathReader Linux help browser segfaults...
- From: root <root at swamp.medrgrp.com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:24:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello people, I think I've found a (somewhat obscure) bug with MathReader under Linux. I installed the program on my laptop to look at some material a colleague generated, and although it works great in general, whenever I try to open the Help Browser window it throws up a segmentation violation error and dies. My laptop is a Toshiba Libretto 70CT, with a 640x480 display- the problem seems to be related to the screen resolution. When I switch the display to 800x600 (external monitor, or virtual scrolling display) the Help Browser works as it should. Is there any change to MathReader settings I can make to have it work at 640x480? MathReader is the recently released V4, and I'm using a current Linux distribution (Caldera). Dave Marsh Systems Engineer Medical Research Group, Inc.