Re: MathReader Linux help browser segfaults...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24662] Re: MathReader Linux help browser segfaults...
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:23:29 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 28 Jul 2000, root wrote: > I think I've found a (somewhat obscure) bug with MathReader under Linux. > I installed the program on my laptop to look at some material a colleague > generated, and although it works great in general, whenever I try to open the > Help Browser window it throws up a segmentation violation error and dies. > My laptop is a Toshiba Libretto 70CT, with a 640x480 display- the problem seems > to be related to the screen resolution. When I switch the display to 800x600 > (external monitor, or virtual scrolling display) the Help Browser works as it > should. Is there any change to MathReader settings I can make to have it work > at 640x480? MathReader is the recently released V4, and I'm using a current > Linux distribution (Caldera). This is a known problem in Mathematica 4. Unfortunately there is no workaround to fix this problem. It has been fixed for a future release of Mathematica. -- P.J. Hinton User Interface Programmer paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.