Re: Re: More about l`Hopital`s rule

> I Took my four Calculus courses out of Swokowski's Calculus book (the whole
> book).  And looking back - I don't see a single limit in the book which
> doesn't approach a number, constant of a definite integration, or infinity.

Think you better take a closer look, John.  I don't have my copy of
Swokowski in front of me, but I can say with confidence that it contains
numerous limits whose results are functions.  In particular, this happens
any time the definition of a derivative is mentioned.

Rob Pratt
Department of Operations Research

rpratt at email.unc.edu

http://www.unc.edu/~rpratt/