Are notebooks platform dependent ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23872] Are notebooks platform dependent ?
- From: Madhusudan Singh <chhabra at eecs.umich.edu>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:51:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: EECS Dept. Univ. of Michigan
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi I am facing a *very* curious problem. I have Mathematica 4.0 running in my office on two machines - one Debian Linux and the other Sun OS 5.6. In addition, I have Mathematica 4.0 for Students running at home on Red Hat Linux. I have a notebook that compiles on the two Linux systems but chokes up on errors like (not a valid variable :-) ) on the Sun OS machine. Same notebook, no changes, just ftp'ed. One thing that I notice is that the notebook shows much more spacing on the Sun machine (a possibly relevant fact). Any ideas on what is going on and how it might be fixed ? Thanks in advance, Madhusudan Singh. PS If you could CC a copy of your response to me, it will help immensely.