Problems with JacobiAmplitude function

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23882] Problems with JacobiAmplitude function
  • From: "Valeria Olivati" <olivaleNNN at>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 00:51:19 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hallo eveybody,
I'm a student of Mathematics at University of Pavia, Italy.

I start using Mathematica 4 two months ago, and I have a problem in plotting
the JacobiAmplitude function implemented in Mathematica. I do

but I obtain a non simmetrical plot as it should be, because JacobiAmplitude
has to be simmetrical respect to the second parameter (the m of my plot).

I tried to use the definition of Amplitude function as

phi = Am(u,m) where u is the integral of  1/(Sqrt[1-m*(Sin[phi])^2] d phi

but I'm not so experienced with Mathematica and obtained only errors...

Could someone help me?

Best Regards

Olivati Valeria