Newbie request: minimum length generator sequences?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23975] Newbie request: minimum length generator sequences?
- From: William Boyd <william at kamaz.demon.co.uk>
- Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello. Anyone help me with this. Is there a (hopefully free) notebook or package around that attempts to determine minimum length generator sequences for group elements? I can manage something but my methods are not very efficient (I'm aware it's NP-hard). In general is there a public domain package or notebook for group- theoretic algorithms? Very appreciative of help. Thank you. -- William Boyd