Re: User problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24007] Re: User problem
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:07:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

you really change the loop variable inside a loop
random *and* you are wondering that the system
crashes ? What will a simple C program do when you

for(k=0; k<i;){

The system crashes because Mathematica allocate for
Table[_,{i,1,n}] internal an array of length n-1.
using a random number larger than n will overflow
the array and write something into memory used
by the system, the stack or what ever.

You mean

RandomTab[max_Integer:249] :=
  Table[Random[Integer, {1, 4}], {Random[Integer, max]}]

and you should write down it.