RE: User problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24005] RE: [mg23971] User problem
  • From: "Jean-Marie Thomas" <jmt at agat.net>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:45:48 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The expression
Table[Random[Integer, {1, 4}], {Random[Integer, {240, 250}]}]
works fine for me. (Win 98 on a compaq 1200 notebook).
You probably get into troubles while using a symbol (i) appearing twice,
once as a counter for Table, and once for nothing really necessary.
If you want to be able to specify the length of your list, you can use
genome[i_Integer]:=Table[Random[Integer,{1,4}],{i}]