AIX 4.3 Mathematica MathKernel Out of Memory
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24147] AIX 4.3 Mathematica MathKernel Out of Memory
- From: ecbrown at my-deja.com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 02:12:01 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear All: I am using Mathematica version 3.0 on an IBM RS6000 43P running AIX 4.3 with 2 GB of real memory (and a load of swap). My problem is this: While there is clearly 1.6 GB of memory free, my Mathematica program runs out of memory and gives the error Out of Memory. Exiting. once it consumes something like 160 MB (determined by following in top) of memory. I checked out ulimit and it returned unlimited. Is there something that I am forgetting or need to "switch?" Any and all suggestions are welcome! With regards, Eric P.S. I tried MemoryConserve as well... same problem. This program works (albeit slowly) on my PowerMac G3/266 with 160 MB of physical 600 MB Virtual. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.