Re: Rearranging a tensor

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22515] Re: Rearranging a tensor
  • From: "DIAMOND Mark" <noname at noname.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 00:24:55 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

First, thanks to the *many*  people who directly emailed me solutions to my
problem.

Two that struck me as particularly elegant were

Join[Sequence @@ #] & /@ Flatten[Transpose /@ c, 1] from  Bob Hanlon

  and

Flatten[Thread[Flatten[#, 1]] & /@ c, 1] from Aram Schiffman

More interestingly, it appears from the replies that I received that the
problem was considerably more tricky than one would have thought, especially
as I received three replies that did not work but were along the lines of
things I had tried ... Perhaps even worthy of Ted Eresk's page (?!).  It was
not directly relevant to the question, but what I was of course trying to do
was to "magnify" the original array (which is actually an image in my case)
by taking the Kronecker product of the original array and an array of the
new dimensions consisting only of element 1.

--
Mark R Diamond
Vision Research Laboratory