Continuous Wavelet Transform?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22438] Continuous Wavelet Transform?
  • From: "Kotanchek, Mark (ME)" <mkotanchek at dow.com>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:21:41 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

G'day,

I have Wavelet Explorer; however, it lacks a continuous wavelet transform
which would be handy to visually study the subtleties of my data. Before I
start down the path of writing one myself, I figured I'd check to see if one
had already been developed out there in cyberspace.

It appears there isn't much in the way of interest in the Mathematica
community on wavelets & applications; is that a correct assumption? If not,
where should I be looking?

Finally, for those of you who wish the PhaseSpacePlot[] function were in
color rather than grayscale, copying the function out of the Wavelet
Explorer package into a PhaseSpacePlotColor[] function and adding
"ColorFunction -> ( Hue[0.667(#)] &)" as options within the two Raster[]
functions, will generate visuals that are much more presentable.
Unfortunately, the bug in Raster[] on non-logarithmic scales remains. :-(

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark.
---
Mark Kotanchek, Ph.D.
Dow Chemical R&D
Computing, Modeling & Information Sciences
1776 Bldg, C-207
Midland, MI 48674

mkotanchek at dow.com
517-636-9765 (O)