Re: Trouble with backspace under Linux/i386

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22477] Re: Trouble with backspace under Linux/i386
  • From: phbrf at t-online.de (Peter Breitfeld)
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:22:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Laurent Jacques <ljacques at fyma.ucl.ac.be> schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> Apparently, the correct fonts are loaded (Type1 and X) but sometimes the
> backspace key doesn't respond.
> Instead of a backspacing it's just a spacing.
> In addition, when this doesn't work, it is impossible to select with the
> mouse one line of the notebook.
> (instead, all lines are selected). In fact, I think that all works as if
> the shift key was pressed during all operations but this is not the
> case.

Laurent,
I have a running Mathematica under Linux, but I have made the following
changes to the file .... SystemFiles/KeyTranslations.tr:

       Item[KeyEvent[Delete], "DeleteNext"],
       Item[KeyEvent["#", Modifiers -> {Control}], "Fraction"],
       Item[KeyEvent[Home], "MoveLineBeginning"],
       Item[KeyEvent[Home, Modifiers -> {Control}], "ScrollNotebookStart"],
       Item[KeyEvent[End, Modifiers -> {Control}], "ScrollNotebookEnd"],
       Item[KeyEvent[End], "MoveLineEnd"],

In the .Xdefaults I added the lines:

		 XMathematica*XmText.translations:
		 XMathematica*Text.translations:

Anything else I left unchanged. BTW I use SuSE linux 6.3 Kernel 2.2.13
if this is of interest for you.

Gruss,  Peter
--
=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=  http://home.t-online.de/home/phbrf
 Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany    PGP public key: 08548045