Anonymous functions that remember values they have found.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22661] Anonymous functions that remember values they have found.
  • From: "F. Schwieterman" <fschwiet at u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 01:27:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The Mathematica book section 2.4.9 describes functions that remember values
they have found, if it is a named function (ex:  f[x_] := f[x] = x + 2).

However, I have an anonymous function I would like to have remember previous
values it has found, and return those.

This is to be used by a new function the constructs a class using the
standard Classes.m .  The point being that if the same created object is
returned instead of creating a copy of the same object.

Thanks much.