Solaris7 and Mathematica4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22707] Solaris7 and Mathematica4
  • From: ck1 at irz301.inf.tu-dresden.de (Christine Kuhlmey)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 00:28:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a few days ago we upgraded our Sun Ultra Enterprise2 to Solaris7
running the 64bit kernel. We have Mathematica Release4 installed
on that machine running in a network license mode.
If someone runs Mathematica locally on that machine it's performance
is being reduced extremely.

Had anyone out there the same problems? Do I perhaps need to reinstall
Mathematica under Solaris7?
Does anybody have a clue?

Thanks in advance!

--

Christine Kuhlmey
University of Dresden, Dept. of Computer Science
e-mail: ck1 at inf.tu-dresden.de